Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you --
and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015.
We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.
As an Ecommerce Business Analyst, you will define and document business specifications, application functionality, workflow requirements, complete technical setup and configuration of business rules, and perform technical testing. Additionally, you will be
responsible for defining test plans, test scripts and conducting technical testing prior to User Acceptance testing. You will be working in a team environment with business and technical resources as well as third party vendors.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts business requirement specification
- Interprets business requirement document to software requirement specifications
- Interacts with the technical team to ensure that the requirements are clear
- Acts as a liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams
- Delivers proficient artifacts like: Requirement Capturing, Use cases, Application & Interface Wireframes, Flow diagrams, Activity diagrams and Cross Functional business flow diagrams
- Recognizes and surfaces opportunities that implement cross-functional decision-making support and execution disciplines
- Analyzes and communicates business requirements into a form that can easily be understood by all audiences such as E-commerce ,IT, various departments, and management
- Coordinates the activities of various departments to ensure the completion of the development and test are on schedule
- Communicates with teams to ensure the completion of work, timeliness of deliverables and quality control
- Learns and maintains technology expertise, keeping current with evolving systems analysis, programming and database technology
Education and Experience
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously working on time bound deliveries
- Troubleshoots issues, gathers feedback and testing enhancements
- Assists in developing and maintaining project plans, schedules and progress
- Prepares detailed assignment status reports as well as detailed testing and other documentation
Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Three to five years of relevant experience or equivalent education (BA/BS degree and 2 years of relevant experience)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Project Management preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of software applications and architectures, SDLC, Project Lifecycle
- Strong documentation skills and proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PPT
- Business Analyst skills including Analytical skills, Logical thinking, Decision making, Information Technology skills, Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle are considered inherent
- Certificate in Business Analyst (ECBA), Project Management, or Agile Project Management preferred
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Customer Focus (L1)
- Creativity and Innovation (L1)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L2)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L1)
- Drive for Results (L1)
- Project Management
- Consumer and Customer Analysis
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Business Analysis
- General office environment
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount
of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- General office environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant
or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.