Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you --
and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015.
We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.
This role will be a subject matter expert on Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics and will collaborate on a day-to-day basis with colleagues in Ecommerce, Marketing, IT and external partners. This person’s primary responsibility will be to implement and validate
Google Analytics & 3rd party data layer tagging including technical set up & validation in Google Tag Manager. Expertise in Google Analytics with the ability to do custom segments, specialized reporting, and data studio work will be key as well. In conjunction
with tag management, this person will also have vast knowledge of the Marketing Technology spectrum, staying abreast of the latest trends & tools as well as understanding how the different systems effectively work together and can be implemented via the data
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education and Experience
- Create periodic reviews of all website tagging to identify potential gaps or overlap
- Gather and document requirements for analytics and reporting to drive better decision making
- Create a new GTM container that unify all of our application tagging or move other containers (CSS Web and Mobile app) to existing centralized GTM container
- Ensure Marketing technology products meet security and legal requirements
- Support marketing team with insights on key metrics, analysis and interpretation of trends from data
- Utilize current marketing technology and 3rd party vendors to keep Brownells best in class with them
- Extracts and analyzes data on the effectiveness of marketing activities across all channels including; web traffic, email campaigns,
- Interprets data and presents actionable insights to marketing team and Senior Management
- Interprets analytics and identifies implications of the data to support marketing decisions to achieve strategic objectives
- Proactively communicates and presents solutions and findings to marketing and other functional areas
Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- 5-7 years of experience in a leadership position or equivalent education (BA/BS degree and 2 years of relevant experience)
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager Certification required
- Solid understanding of SEO fundamentals & site architecture
- Knowledge of current marketing technology
- Google Analytics experience
- Software analytical applications
- Effective Communications
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Strategic Leadership and Execution (L2)
- Developing Leaders (L2)
- Managing Through Change and Uncertainty (L2)
- Learning Orientation (L2)
- Creating Alignment (L2)
- Customer Focus (L3)
- Creativity and Innovation (L3)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L4)
- Drive for Results (L3)
- Project Management
- Consumer and Customer Analysis
- Customer Experience and Engagement Creation
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Business Analysis
- General office environment
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of
walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant
or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.