Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you --
and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015.
We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.
This position will work in Grinnell and Montezuma, Iowa.
Performs general office duties for the Executive staff. Manages schedule, arranges appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. Work requires some analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment. Requires extensive knowledge to perform
a variety of non-routine duties and resolve problems that vary in nature and complexity. May assist in projects of moderate complexity. May compose routine correspondence, standard and ad hoc reports, and other materials. Maintains professional demeanor
and dress. Uses tact, discretion and confidentiality at all times. Works with limited supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Available to assist during non-work hours.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and distributes documents, reports and records
- Compiles and analyzes information to create reports, graphs, charts and spreadsheets
- Meeting coordination
- Answers phones takes messages, fields, or answers routine and non-routine questions
- Handles confidential and non-routine information
- Takes on various clerical and administrative tasks as directed
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Demonstrates Brownells’ values to internal and external contacts
- Files and retrieves documents, records, and reports
- Manages files and data at a basic level
- Responsible for administrative facets of Executive staff scheduling, including commitments to internal and external organization, to ensure optimal use of time including but not limited to:
- Schedule set up and schedule adherence
- Organization of all routine and non-routine activities
- Preparation of communications and technology requirements
- Coordinating venue, facilities and other accommodations
- Reviews and directs invoices for approval and signature
- Responsible for making and managing all travel details to ensure travel runs according to plan, meets quality standards, and is error free
Education and Experience
- Gathers relevant information and uses it to provide a fact-based rationale for decisions and actions
- Maintains knowledge of processes and procedures
- Occasional travel
Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- One years of relevant experience or equivalent education
- AA or BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritize and support multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to deal with people at all levels internal and external to the organization on a proactive, professional basis
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure while maintaining proficiency and composure.
- Ability to take direction
- Customer Focus (L2)
- Creativity and Innovation (L2)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L3)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L3)
- Drive for Results (L2)
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount
of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- General office environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant
or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.