Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you -- and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015. We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.POSITION SUMMARY:
This position provides analytics support to the company’s various retail and wholesale business units leveraging internal and external data including, but not limited to: product, sales, consumer and web platform. The ideal candidate is adept at using this data to identify new opportunities primarily within the customer and product domains. They must be able to use various methods of analyzing and mining data including statistical, modeling and simulation. In addition the theoretical functions, they must be able to apply the concepts and outcomes to real business situations in ways that scale to enterprise business volumes. They must be able to work with a wide range of different stakeholders from various business functions and be able to apply business acumen to the emerging needs of these stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly customer-focused (internal and external customers) and eager to find data solutions that improve business outcomes. MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
POSITION REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Evaluate effectiveness and profitability of programs and promotions
- May examine statistical data to forecast future trends and project market potential.
- Mine and analyze data from internal databases and external sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use company A/B testing framework to test model quality
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Interprets analytics and identifies implications of the data to support marketing decisions to achieve strategic objectives
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent education
- BA/BS degree in computer, engineering or quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics).
Knowledge & Skills
- At least 1 year of experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Consumer Behavior or Retail Sales analysis experience
Preferred but not required:
- 2 years of Project Management
- 2 years of SQL
- 2 years of R
- 2 years of Python
- 2 years of Data Analytics & Statistical Programs
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Data visualization software
- 1 year of Tableau
- 1 year of Azure Machine Learning studio
- 1 year of Amazon EC2
- 1 year of Google Cloud
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Consumer and Customer Analysis
- Marketing Operations
- Customer Focus
- Creativity and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Drive for Results
- General office environment
Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met. Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- General office environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.