Brownells enjoys a great reputation in its industry and a great team to drive that brand, but we’re constantly growing and need passionate people like you to join our team. As a family-owned company for more than 75 years, we can’t wait to meet you -- and your family.
Speaking of your family, they come first, and we’ll always do our best to help you spend the most time with them possible. In fact, we can prove it. We’re the proud recipients of The Alliance of Work-Life Progress Seal of Distinction in both 2014 and 2015. We achieved this by implementing a number of employee-friendly programs including flexible work arrangements, and numerous initiatives designed to enhance the quality of the lives of our team members and their families.
Because of our great team, we’re able to maintain a small-company feel, backed by the Midwestern values of honesty, integrity and respect, while being an internationally-recognized brand with customers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We’re proud to be a progressive company in a traditionally conservative industry, we’re proud of our shooting heritage and we are Serious About Firearms.POSITION SUMMARY:
The purpose of the position is to enhance customer relations by working to resolve issues related to product, service, billing or delivery via all communication channels. MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary function is to work with customers to resolve complaints by taking call transfers from the Customer Service Team
- Resolve delivery problems by tracing undelivered shipments, and working with delivery service to resolve problem
- Works with warehouse to correct shipping errors
- Processes/replaces missing parts, damaged parts, and wrong parts received
- Assists customers with incorrect pricing or promo code discounts
- Replaces lost gift cards via mail or email
- Processes product returns, shipping labels, customer correspondence
- Processes memo report and send notices to customer for overdue accounts.
- Handles questions related to merchandise returns on deceased member’s account
POSITION REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience
- Responds to fax, email, chat and mail correspondence as assigned
- Backs up Call Center Rep position
- Backs up Company Switch Board Operator position
- Backs up Download process
- Processes special orders, domestic and international
- Order shipping labels for customers
- Processes Allocated Aged Back order
- Processes tracking for Drop Ship orders
Knowledge & Skills
- High school education or equivalent with special emphasis in English grammar
- Experience working with the public
- Data entry experience
- ACD or phone experience
- General office experience a plus
- Familiarity with the Internet
- Basic understanding of Brownells products
- Proficiency with using the Brownells catalog, website and other available resources to assist customers with their questions
- Understanding of Brownells Customized operations software
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be well organized and flexible
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially telephone skills
- Accurately use of proper grammar and punctuation
- Accurate keyboarding and ten-key skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of customers to ensure that they are satisfied with Brownells service
- Enjoy working with people in an inbound sales environment
- Willing to cross train to other departments
- Customer Focus (L3)
- Creativity and Innovation (L1)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L2)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L2)
- Drive for Results (L1)
Physical Hazards – Health and Safety Concerns
- Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- General office environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Brownells, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.