This posting is on behalf of Sportsman's Warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is not for direct employment through Brownells.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is a high-growth outdoor sporting goods retailer focused on meeting the everyday needs of the seasoned outdoor veteran, the first-time participant and every enthusiast in between. If you're passionate about the outdoors and would like to join our fast-growing team, we'd love to meet you! We are a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities for advancement.
Purpose of Position:
To support ongoing efforts of the gunsmithing program. To provide support with craftmanship and timely service standards in repairs and modifications of firearms to blueprint and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service functions of repair during the daily operations of the Gunsmithing Center.
- Perform general servicing of firearms to include repair, refinish, cleaning and accessory installation.
- Work to resolve customer service issues related to the Gunsmithing Center.
- Recommend new products and services for the Gunsmithing Center.
- Ensure competitive business practices by recommending new service guidelines to Gunsmith Operations Manager for program integration.
- Ensure that the Gunsmithing Center is in ATF Compliance with all aspects of the business.
- Thorough knowledge of the Gunsmithing Center’s security policy and procedures.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and existing customers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ability to operate all department equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with others in a safe and efficient manner to meet company’s goals.
- Cooperation with team to ensure all training, safety requirements, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others to resolve challenges.
- All other duties as assigned.
- An excellent technical understanding of a wide range of firearms
- Understanding of general repair and customization of existing firearms from rifles and shotguns to pistols and revolvers.
- High technical understanding of Fiber laser engraving, vinyl cutter for Cerakote stencils, along with A&D software
- Extensive use of machining equipment, including welding and refinishing processes.
- Use of standard business software to handle word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Aptitude for critical thinking and effective time management, along with associated organizational skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude, good written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Desire to improve self and to develop leadership qualities.
- An Associate’s degree or Certification in Gunsmithing with 2 years of related experience or a 4 years equivalent experience
- Technical gunsmith knowledge required
- Experience with spray coatings/Cerakote preferred
- Experience running lathe and mills, bluing, polishing and welding equipment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification in Gunsmithing preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered medium work, physically. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, hand and power tools, keyboard reach, stoop, kneel and frequently operate Gunsmithing equipment
- The employee may be required to Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception to judge distances and spatial relationships, field of vision, and near and far acuity
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate to significant noise level depending on the tasks being completed (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic, test firing, operation of Gunsmithing equipment)
- This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Brownells, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.